The Feasiblily / Proof-of-Concept Project Phase is designed
to minimize our customer’s risk,
- i.e. before the main project gets started, an
extensive Feasibility Study is done to reduce the chance of failure as low
as humanly possible.
The features of this project are:
(1) The Proof-of-Concept (Feasibility) project is designed to answer
one simple question; can the job be done?
- At the end of this project, a client
knows for sure the job can be done, & then focuses on how it will be done
along with other business issues.
(2) The Proof-of-Concept (Feasibility) project uses the Fixed Price Project Model; i.e., the
price is not based on non-recurring engineering hours.
- A typical
Proof-of-Concept (Feasibility) project will take hundreds of non-recurring engineering
(3) The Proof-of-Concept (Feasibility) project indicates the client is committed to the next
phase, but the client is not obligated to go to the next phase.
(4) The Proof-of-Concept (Feasibility) project is not Attrasoft’s goal; it is simply a path to move
to the Main Contract stage.
(5) The Proof-of-Concept (Feasibility) project, in general, will not deal with the client’s
- (i.e., software, applications, web interface, quality control process,
ideas related to development of technology, database, ..)
except for the
client’s data which is covered by the NDA
(6) Major business issues will usually not be negotiated at this phase, because
the client has not committed to go on to the Main Contract phase at this juncture.